Whether done as part of scheduled visits to an OBGYN or due to a suspected health issue, a pap smear is an important tool to keep women healthy. Without this, there is no way to ensure that everything is okay. While somewhat embarrassing for some women, the test is quick and painless.With a Pap smear,…
Visit Your OBGYN for Body Contouring
When it comes to body contouring, you have several options. Some require surgery while doctors perform other procedures on an outpatient basis. If you struggle with bulges of fat or have sagging skin after losing weight, you can visit an OBGYN to discuss the various methods available for you.
Body contouring procedures
Regardless of which method of body contouring a patient and their OBGYN decide on, this is a way to reshape various parts of the body. The following are the most common options:
- Breast lift — This method works to correct flat, sagging breasts
- Gynecomastia surgery — Like women, some men have sagging breasts, which this surgery can correct by flattening, reducing the size or reshaping them
- Tummy tuck — For patients with excess abdominal skin, an OBGYN may recommend this type of body contouring procedure
- Arm lift — This lift removes sagging skin on the underside of the arms
- Face lift — With this, the OBGYN corrects the mid-portion of the face, including the neck and jowls
- Lower body lift — Included with this procedure is the lifting of the buttocks, abdomen and outer and inner thigh area
- Medial lift — For patients with sagging skin on the inner thigh, a medial lift is a viable option
- After weight loss surgery — This procedure removes excess skin for people who had weight loss surgery
- Body sculpting — Patients can choose a non-invasive form of body contouring such as a cooling method or laser which destroys the fat cells on problem areas
What does body contouring involve?
Depending on the exact procedure chosen, an OBGYN uses medication to help relax patients, intravenous sedation or general anesthesia. From there, the doctor makes an incision at the site. While not always, some doctors perform body contouring in stages based on the agreed upon plan.
Thanks to advances in medical technology, patients heal faster today than even a few years ago. Of course, the extent of the procedure plays a key role in how quickly an individual can return to normal activities. As an example, a standard tummy tuck has roughly a three to four-week recovery period, whereas, at one time, patients spent months laid up.
Who makes a good candidate?
Although millions of people turn to an OBGYN for body contouring, not everyone makes a good candidate. For people to qualify for one of the many procedures, they need to have achieved stabilized weight loss. Also, candidates should be healthy, meaning they do not have any kind of medical condition that would put them at risk for having surgery or prevent healing.
These procedures are for non-smoking adults who have realistic goals and remain committed to a healthy lifestyle. During a free consultation, the OBGYN will determine if someone does or does not qualify for a body contouring procedure.
Do something nice for yourself
Are you ready to do something good for yourself? Start by talking to your OBGYN about having a body contouring procedure performed. Instead of spending hard-earned money on wraps, creams and lotions that only serve as a temporary solution, reshape your body and enjoy permanent results.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Body Contouring in Tomball, TX.
Considering making an appointment with an infertility doctor? There are many reasons why couples can experience difficulty in getting pregnant. Undergoing treatment from an infertility doctor can increase the chances of pregnancy.Wanting to learn more about what an infertility doctor does to help their patients become pregnant? Many people wonder if infertility doctors and OBGYN's…
Want to understand more about menopause and the need for continued care throughout this stage of a woman’s life? Every woman will experience menopause, as it is a natural occurrence that marks a new stage in her life. While some women will experience minimal symptoms, others will experience severe symptoms. This fact makes it essential…
Sexual wellness is a very important component of healthy relationships. This is why it should not be taken lightly. If you are seeking a way to enhance your sexual performance and wellness, you are not alone. Many men are in similar situations, which can lead to many problems. These include relationship problems and self-esteem issues.…