The journey to parenthood can be a challenging one. Infertility presents numerous and unexpected obstacles, causing emotional distress and frustration. Fortunately, infertility doctor have the training and experience to help individuals and couples facing infertility issues. Infertility doctors are a valuable resource in addressing infertility problems and can help you achieve your dream of completing…
Visit Your OBGYN for Body Contouring
When it comes to body contouring, you have several options. Some require surgery while doctors perform other procedures on an outpatient basis. If you struggle with bulges of fat or have sagging skin after losing weight, you can visit an OBGYN to discuss the various methods available for you.
Body contouring procedures
Regardless of which method of body contouring a patient and their OBGYN decide on, this is a way to reshape various parts of the body. The following are the most common options:
- Breast lift — This method works to correct flat, sagging breasts
- Gynecomastia surgery — Like women, some men have sagging breasts, which this surgery can correct by flattening, reducing the size or reshaping them
- Tummy tuck — For patients with excess abdominal skin, an OBGYN may recommend this type of body contouring procedure
- Arm lift — This lift removes sagging skin on the underside of the arms
- Face lift — With this, the OBGYN corrects the mid-portion of the face, including the neck and jowls
- Lower body lift — Included with this procedure is the lifting of the buttocks, abdomen and outer and inner thigh area
- Medial lift — For patients with sagging skin on the inner thigh, a medial lift is a viable option
- After weight loss surgery — This procedure removes excess skin for people who had weight loss surgery
- Body sculpting — Patients can choose a non-invasive form of body contouring such as a cooling method or laser which destroys the fat cells on problem areas
What does body contouring involve?
Depending on the exact procedure chosen, an OBGYN uses medication to help relax patients, intravenous sedation or general anesthesia. From there, the doctor makes an incision at the site. While not always, some doctors perform body contouring in stages based on the agreed upon plan.
Thanks to advances in medical technology, patients heal faster today than even a few years ago. Of course, the extent of the procedure plays a key role in how quickly an individual can return to normal activities. As an example, a standard tummy tuck has roughly a three to four-week recovery period, whereas, at one time, patients spent months laid up.
Who makes a good candidate?
Although millions of people turn to an OBGYN for body contouring, not everyone makes a good candidate. For people to qualify for one of the many procedures, they need to have achieved stabilized weight loss. Also, candidates should be healthy, meaning they do not have any kind of medical condition that would put them at risk for having surgery or prevent healing.
These procedures are for non-smoking adults who have realistic goals and remain committed to a healthy lifestyle. During a free consultation, the OBGYN will determine if someone does or does not qualify for a body contouring procedure.
Do something nice for yourself
Are you ready to do something good for yourself? Start by talking to your OBGYN about having a body contouring procedure performed. Instead of spending hard-earned money on wraps, creams and lotions that only serve as a temporary solution, reshape your body and enjoy permanent results.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Body Contouring in Tomball, TX.
Female patients should regularly visit the gynecologist, just like any other doctor. Gynecologists are trained in female reproductive health at all life stages, which means they can help maintain overall health and prevent disease. Whether a patient is first experiencing menstruation, pregnancy, or menopause, these medical professionals can help make it easier. Sometimes, “easier” means…
You do not have to be pregnant to receive gynecological care. From puberty to adulthood, patients of all ages can benefit from visiting a gynecologist for a regular checkup. Annual exams are essential, comprising an overall health checkup, screenings for common diseases, and patient education. The goal is to help ensure good overall health and…
Wondering if you are in menopause? While some women will immediately know if they are entering menopause, it can be difficult for others to tell. Some women will experience every sign and symptom of menopause there is, and others will experience minimal symptoms or even none at all. Since menopause is truly different for every…